Nick W GB23

I think you already know that I am doing (indeed, have already finished!) a De Havilland (Canada) Beaver for this build.
(Having argued that everyone should be building a Beaver, I didn’t really have much choice, did I?!)

In terms of the build itself, I am very grateful to Colin W for pointing out to me that Airfix would have you place the pilots’ seats and the control columns much too far back – so

I moved these forward.

The glazing in the kit is clear, but very thick, and doesn’t fit the openings in the cabin roof very well.

Apart from the windscreen I therefore decided to ditch the clear parts in favour of Microscale Kristal Klear.
This didn’t really work very well, however, with the Klear not being that clear after all…
The decals were a mix of those from the kit and some specific markings from an Army Air Corps sheet by AirGraphics.
I was lucky that both settled really well over the surface detail with the help of some MicroSol.
I was glad that I left the rivets in place as I think they add to the “vintage” feel of the model.
Overall I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out, and think it’s not a bad little kit at all…