Sunday morning saw eight club members assemble at the Godolphin School for another Flash Mod, our second of the year and again at the school. This is proving to be a popular venue for our flash mods, great space, lots of natural light and the usual friendly banter, mostly supplied by Sibo. The aim is to make a model out of the box in six hours, some brought along kits they were already working on, others had a fresh minted kit to build.
Richard organised the event again at the school, supplying tea, coffee and cake.
Let the modelling comence.
- Richard started a Revell 1/24 scale London Taxi
- Paul a Tamiya 1/35 scale Ford G.P.A Jeep
- Sibo a Trumpeter 1/35 Scale Stug E-100
- John a Tamiya 1/35 Scale Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf N
- Mike an Airfix 1/72 Scale Hawker Hurricane Mk.I
- Mick a Panda 1/35 Scale 9K330 Tor Air Defence System
- Brian brought along a model he had already started, a Takom 1/35 Scale FV432 MK.2/1
- Likewise Nick brought his Airfix 1/48 Scale Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 to finish off
All in all a great day, the great thing about these events is the sharing of tips tricks etc, and to see how other modellers go about preparing and executing their builds. If you have never done one of these events, your missing out, look out for another flash mod coming your way soon.
Here are the finished models after six hours non stop modelling:
And the winner was, by a country mile, was Paul’s Ford G.P.A Jeep, a worthy winner.
We look forward to seeing these completed models at a future club night……